Do you SERVE FOOD
or work in the
FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRY?
If so, it's important to protect yourself and others from getting sick by learning safe food handling practices!
WHY DO I NEED THIS ONLINE COURSE?
- In accordance with the City of Winnipeg Food Service Bylaw: No person shall operate a food service establishment unless the person in charge has successfully completed the Certified Food Handler Training program.
- Food Service Establishments with less than 5 Food Handlers must have a person on staff who has successfully completed the Certified Food Handler Training program.
- Food Service Establishments with more than 5 Food Handlers working at any one time must have a person who has successfully completed the Certified Food Handler Training Program ON DUTY at all times.
FUNDAMENTALS OF FOOD SAFETY is for you!
The Registered Dietitians at A Little Nutrition have designed an ONLINE training course for you to learn the basics of food safety, and to be a certified food handler.
"Dietitians are experts in
food microbiology, food-borne illness, and safe food handling practices"
Gain instant access & learn about
SAFE FOOD HANDLING PRACTICES!
Reduce the risk of a foodborne outbreak
Be a knowledgeable food handler & provide safer food
Protect & prevent the spread of foodborne illness
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Restaurant owners, managers/supervisors, front line staff, line & prep. cooks, staff who are responsible for receiving and storing food.
- Church or community center kitchen volunteers
- Daycare facility or home daycare workers
- University students enrolled in a nutrition degree
- Health care aides, home care workers, and care providers in long-term care homes.
- Anyone who wants to improve their knowledge of food safety
OUR COURSE IS:
- Time efficient ***NO NEED TO TAKE TIME OFF WORK***
- Does not require extra textbooks or manuals
- Has the ability to "learn at your own pace" anywhere or anytime!
This course is easy to access, and convenient to use. Every chapter and unit has a slide show with videos, as well as written material to read along to.
Test and apply your knowledge, or prepare for the written exam with our practical quizzes and pretest that have been designed to ensure you will be a confident food handler!
"We want to help you reduce the risk of food poisoning at your establishment, which might be a restaurant, a food truck, bakery, grocery store, church, or daycare. This course covers the key areas in food safety to ensure that you won't be putting your customers at risk. "
Want to get your Manitoba Health Food Handler Certificate?
To receive your certification you must write an in-person written exam, and pass. You
will then be awarded a Manitoba Health Food Handler Certificate. Passing
grade is 70%, and you will have to allow 2-months for delivery of your
certificate in the mail. Your certificate will be good for 5-years, and
is approved by the Province of Manitoba Health Protection Unit.
You can write the exam with us, or you can do the written exam with any local provider like
Manitoba Health. A list of exam providers is available in the course material.
Get started now!
Susan Watson, RD: As a foodie and registered dietitian, Susan loves to be in the kitchen creating recipes and teaching others how to make delicious healthy food. She understands the importance of food safety as a mother and a professional. Susan is the owner of A Little Nutrition, and has formatted this course for you.
Dana Weber, RD: Dana is our food safety manager, and has designed the content of this course, and will help you with any questions you might have. She has a long-standing interest in food safety, and enjoys home canning and teaching our food preservation course “Preserving the Harvest".
Frequently Asked Questions
Private group or on-site exams can be schedule to be written at the
food service establishment or facility.
No-Shows will not be refunded or rescheduled. Refunds: We do not issue refunds for our e-courses once the order is confirmed and access has been given to the course. We do issue refunds for e-courses only under the following conditions: Major defects. All our products are tested properly, but unexpected errors may occur. We recommend contacting us for assistance if you experience any issues receiving or gaining access to the course.
We are always there to help. Please contact Susan and email her your questions.
As mentioned, we are always there to help. Technical Support: If you are having issues with logging on or the accessing the course: contact: Susan Watson